Wednesday 12 June 2013

My finest facebook status updates. My new girl-crush.

I always take pride in my Facebook Status Updates. I make sure they are properly spelled and are the distilled more interesting parts of my life. I try not to get ranty, hateful, whingy or offensive. I have been complimented on their quality. Here are some of my recent ones.

Got 5 hours and 2 peoples worth of work done in 3.5 hours and by myself.
It's only 5 hours away from Offspring.
50 hours till the weekend and seeing Jesus Christ Superstar (yes I will sing all the words out loud)
3 days 20 hours till a lovely roast dinner at Epocha, then a music Gig
5 days 23 hours till I fly off to Seoul.

I'm not counting though.

________________
 I have been told I have a very expressive face.
Today, after my 90 minute drive down (c)Punt road, I was wearing my "quit your yapping and make me my goddamn coffee" face.
The Barista didn't see it.


_________________
 Listening to Triple j countdown. Used to think the song "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails was filth. I still think it's filth, but I like it.
 _________________

I am in bed with a sexy man who has made me coffee and is about to make pancakes.
(Hope my boyfriend doesn't mind...)
Hee hee!
Happy Sunday!

 ___________________

Had to explain to my 64 year old professor of medicine PhD supervisor what "bitch-slapped" meant. I also had to explain that I am from Werribee so some strange stuff can come out of my mouth sometimes. 
__________________

Soundbite of the day.
Drawing blood from an older male patient.
I said "sorry, hope that didn't hurt".
He replied "I've been married. I know what pain is".

Yeow.

_________________
  
On my trial I am putting my older folks on strict optifast with the aim of achieving ketosis.
The theory is that ketosis improves muscle mass and cognitive functioning.
I have just told a lady who is sticking to the diet strictly that I am breeding a super-race of older, stronger, smarter people in my dastardly plan for world domination.
I think she liked that.

  

I have been known to unfriend people (not actual friends, just peripheral people) who put whingy or bunny-boiling posts. I don't need my feed filled with it.

I just need to spend less time on there. It is not a good or appropriate place to debrief.

I have just got my new cookbook in the mail. It is called Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo. She is a very Pretty English Lass. Kind of like a young Nigella. Her recipes are very easy and tasty. 


In other news, I have been churning out some abstract art. In Tuesday's class, we worked with Impasto medium, which adds texture to acrylic paint. Here are my works. 





I am HANGING out for leave. Soo looking forward to getting on that plane. I will be at the pointy end of it. I will have a glass of champagne for you. And you. And you. All of you.

I had some blog visitors from all over the world - Israel, USA, Indonesia. You there - come say hello! Don't be shy! 

4 comments:

  1. Love those f/b updates... V funny. I've almost given up looking at F/b due to all the crap advertising.
    I caught Rachel Khoo on TV briefly the other night making the most divine looking chocolate mousse. She is very gorgeous indeed and made me feel quite geriatric!

    Hope you have a great trip to Korea! I'm hanging out for the end of semester and a trip to a Conference in Auckland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel Khoo is a year younger than me. I was style-jacking her on Sunday with a side bun and red lippy

      Delete
  2. I've just discovered your blog. And now I want to marry it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Paris Kitchen is wonderful, my discovery of the year so far! The tomato vanilla jam is really nice.

    ReplyDelete