Tuesday 21 January 2014

Decisions, decisions.

I have a bit of a conundrum at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice one. But a conundrum just the same.

I am wanting to go to the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in 2016. I have never been to South America, nor to an Olympics.

The time to book things is now. I have had my eye on a tour provider and am looking at making a small deposit to lock things in.

The thing is, that is 2 and a half years away.

I am thinking, hoping, that things will change in my life in that time.

Change in the form of a house/mortgage in an inner city suburb with the fella. Change in the form of a little bubba.

I will be 37 in 2016. Just sayin'.

Yet I have learned that things don't always work out as planned in life. All we can do is plan for what we hope for, plan A, and have a plan B too.

My thinking is that I will see if the deposit is refundable, then pay it. And then get on with things. Cancel if needs be.


Any thought bites out there?


In other news, I bought a bikini on line. I have to send it back. The top is good but the bottoms, no good. I have been looking at Robyn Lawley swimwear, which is made for normal women with booteh and no box gap (whose thighs meet in the middle and kiss like old friends). Swimwear galore were selling them at a discount. I bought this one.






Yeah!

Hope your week is going good.

We are off to Sri Lanka next FridayYEAHHHHHH

Any nice conundrums in your life?

6 comments:

  1. I want to go to sri lanka but just not this year - my travel mojo has been shot with the renos and a holiday now is to chillax in my living room with my tv and ipad...
    But just do it. If you cant then so be it but book it. Perfect time to go - i have been to two olympics and the mood is fabulous and brazil in itself is supposed to be amazing so not to many things to naysay it. If you have a baby - then you wont go but it will be a great reason not to have so it is win win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cilla! I would go ahead and plan to go, but make sure the deposit is refundable just in case! Even if you're pregnant, it doesn't mean you can't travel! Pregnancy goes on for bloody ages!l

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cilla - as long as the tour provider is only asking a couple of hundred dollars, I think it's worth paying it. You can't lock in airfares now anyway (only 350 days ahead) so presumably it's just the tour deposit. Hon, if the Olympics are where you want to be, plan around it. You'll make it work, I'm sure. Either have your baby before you go and take bub with you (not tricky, esp. if you're feeding) or go pregnantly :-)
    There you go - all solved.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cilla - as long as the tour provider is only asking a couple of hundred dollars, I think it's worth paying it. You can't lock in airfares now anyway (only 350 days ahead) so presumably it's just the tour deposit. Hon, if the Olympics are where you want to be, plan around it. You'll make it work, I'm sure. Either have your baby before you go and take bub with you (not tricky, esp. if you're feeding) or go pregnantly :-)
    There you go - all solved.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hedge your bets and plan for both the tour and bub, I say!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always worry about things so far ahead in time. But if the deposit is refundable why not? Have fun in Sri Lanka! :)

    ReplyDelete