Tuesday 28 February 2017

A bit brighter. On the eve of my 38th birthday.

It was a bit of a shit fortnight, really, but stuff has begun to sort itself out.

People have been forthcoming with other workplaces, and general support of my career. This is good. I am grateful. I am feeling like missing out on that job was for the best.

With the stressors of the past few months, my mood has been a bit wobbly. I know the difference between feeling stressed out and feeling depressed/anxious, and I have recognised the early signs that the former might be turning into the latter. Therapies are afoot and this makes me feel good.

My first proceeds from my PhD have finally hit the press, and that feels pretty awesome.

I am doing the Crossfit open. The first of the five workouts was yesterday.

Workout 17.1
For time:
10 dumbbell snatches
15 burpee box jump-overs
20 dumbbell snatches
15 burpee box jump-overs
30 dumbbell snatches
15 burpee box jump-overs
40 dumbbell snatches
15 burpee box jump-overs
50 dumbbell snatches
15 burpee box jump-overs
Women use 10kg dumbbell and 20-in. box, step-ups OK
Time cap: 20 minutes

That sucked hard and I completed 219 of the 225 reps in the 20 minute time cap. I am sore today.

Looking back on my birthday post from last year, I am definitely stronger than then. It is great to feel stronger as I get older, it may not always be the way so I am enjoying the feeling.

I will be strong enough to carry a backpack as I travel around Israel and Jordan. 

Tomorrow, the fella is taking me out to see The Book of Mormon. Exciting times.

2 comments:

  1. you will love book of mormon! Happy birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Yes, sometimes things that seem disappointing at the time really do work out for the best. So, fingers crossed for you. Best wishes, Pammie

    ReplyDelete